UF - Series Rotary Unions
REX UF-Series rotary unions are specifically engineered to provide a rotating seal between a stationary fluid supply and a rotating cylinder, roll or drum. Rotary Unions are available in a wide range of shaft diameters from 3/8" to 3" in single-flow or dual-flow for stationary syphon or rotating syphon pipe designs, pipe thread and machine thread connections. The unique design of UF-Series rotary unions permits them to be installed on rotating machinery without using external supports. Every unit is both self-supporting and free floating.
The double wide spaced ball bearing construction provides a broad base for radial support, contributing to long bearing life. Bearings are pre-lubricated and sealed. Carbon filled PTFE seal permits exceptional long trouble free operation. The spring loaded static O-ring seal and rotary seal move only enough to allow the carbon filled PTFE seal to align itself with the rotating rotor end.
Optically flat seal faces minimize torque and friction drag. They provide positive, leak-free sealing up to 150 PSI, 2500 RPM and 200°F. They are especially desirable for transmitting water and steam on calenders, embossers, laminators, roofing machines, grinding mills, extruders, printing presses, flaking rolls, drum dryers, header boxes etc. and air, hydraulic, vacuum and coolant services on earth moving equipment, cranes, rotating cylinders, compactors, air chucking, indexing fixtures, marine clutches etc.
- High Speed: Low-friction ball bearing construction permits speed to 2500 RPM with minimal operating torque.
- Low seal wear: Hydraulically-balanced seal minimizes seal loading and seal wear.
- Durable construction: Special construction materials and seal packages permit service with high temperature or abrasive liquids.
- Bearing protection: Vent holes prevent pressure build-up that could damage bearings; leakage from holes indicates seal ring needs replacement.
- Easy to install : Prevention of housing rotation by means of locking pin or locking fork.