REX J-Series is a rod-supported version of the REX Joints. The J-Series joints are available for stationary syphon pipe and through-flow service. Lugs cast on sides of body so that simple rods can be used to support the weight of the joint and connections. Rotating assembly literally “float” inside the body for longer, trouble free service, since its only task is to maintain an effective seal.
Nipple and thrust collar keyed together, rotate against carbon graphite seal rings. Spring is for initial sealing only; in operation joint is pressure sealed. They are available in sizes from 3/4” to 6”. Standard series joints are suitable for pressure up to 150 PSI.
- A minimum of rotating parts: With only two continuously moving parts nipple and thrust collar this simplicity of design assures reliability, ease of service.
- Rod-supported for longer life: Lugs and rods support full weight of joint, take stress and wear it causes off internal components. Some lateral and angular movement can occur without affecting sealing or joint performance.
- No lubrication required: Seals are self-lubricating when used with media maintenance is minimized.
- Self-adjusting for seal wear and pressure changes: Maintains leak-free sealing under changing conditions.
- Wide range of available constructions: Different materials let you configure the joint for maximum durability under your application conditions.