REX S-Series is a self-supporting version of the Rex-Joint, which require no external supports of any kind. They are the best known, most widely used in Paper, Textile, Plastics, Rubber, Chemical, Food and many other industries. They are available for through-flow service and stationary syphon pipe applications. Standard series joints are suitable for pressures up to 150 PSI.
The S-Series REX Joints are regularly furnished with cast iron body and head. Nipple is extra heavy iron pipe size steel tubing. The nipple collar is very accurately machined, then pressed on the tube to a shoulder stop and further secured by pinning. The spring is made of the finest spring steel stainless steel wire for better resistance to rust and corrosion and erosion. The seal ring and guide are made of specially formulated carbon graphite or carbon filled P.T.F.E which require no lubrication of any sort. They are available in sizes from ½” to 5”.
- Only four internal parts: Simplicity of design assures reliability, ease of service
- Self-supporting configuration: Tolerates journal misalignment better than externally rodsupported configurations.
- No lubrication required: Maintenance is minimized.
- Self-adjusting for seal wear and pressure changes: Maintains leak-free sealing under changing conditions.
- Wide range of available constructions: Different materials let you configure the joint for maximum durability under your application conditions.